So it’s been pretty quiet around here recently, but we’ve got some good excuses! (not really) I actually had a whole post planned out with pictures taken and everything, but then my harddrive failed and I didn’t get a chance to back up the latest photos – so that was kind of a bummer. Also, Connie’s been back home and without us being in the same city to motivate each other, it’s been pretty slow.
Which isn’t to say that I haven’t been cooking! I just haven’t really been following recipes. So I figured who not post a little to give you guys a taste of what I made with bits and pieces from home – here we go:
1) Openface Beef+Mushroom+Spinach Sandwich and 2) Chicken Tom Yum
1) It’s literally what it sounds like. From the bottom up:
– Whole wheat bread, toasted
– Herb + garlic goat cheese
– Spinach and mushrooms sautéed in garlic and shallots, salted
– Beef seared in a pan
– Fried egg
2) Mostly followed this recipe
Made with rice noodles, chicken, and mushrooms
garnished with cilantro
Had to improvise and make due without kaffir lime leaves and tamarind
Hopefully there will be more to come! Cheers!